*** A special note for Dragon for Mac Forum Users ***

Nuance is pleased to announce our new Product Forum User Community - the new Dragon Dictate community will replace these existing Dragon for Mac Forums.

To access the new Online Forums, you must first sign up for an account through our Support Portal here. After activating your new account, or if you already have an account, you may use THIS LINK to log into the Community.

Please note that as of June 18, 2012 this Dragon for Mac Forum has been set to read-only in order to retain all historical information and post details. Any new content or updates to existing content will no longer be permitted at this time. Please visit the new community link listed above to post new content and start new topics of discussion.

Dragon for Mac Forums and Discussion » Dragon Dictate » Troubleshooting

Loading user crashes dragon dictate 2.0

(10 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Oogahboogah
  • Latest reply from DM @ MS
  1. Oogahboogah

It's simple. I create a user, i use it just fine, save my speech files and quit the program. when i reload Dictate 2.0, it crashes as soon as i load a user. then it pops an already written bug report email for me to send.

i'm using OS 10.6.4, with a USB 6-in-1 TableMike - TBMK02 from Speechware.

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. Editorial

Same here. I've sent enough bug reports over the past few days that they should send out an exorcist rather than the Orkin man.

dkw.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. EverGreen

I found that if I try to open in anything but mic off mode dictate crashes. When I reset my preference to mic off, no more crashing.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Editorial

That seems to work okay. Thanks to EverGreen for the secret to success.

dkw.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Jenny

This is happening to me too , and with the microphone off . So that isnt the solution .
    It worked the first time I used it .
    I really need to use this application so hope to get some quick answers from technical support
    Jenny

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. DM @ MS

Did you try the following (from MacSpeech Dictate help files, but fixed the same problem in Dictate)? When it references MacSpeech Dictate, substitute Dragon Dictate.

I've found that changing preferences seems to cause this, but I'm not sure. After the last fix, I stopped changing the preferences and it hasn't happened again so far (fingers crossed). I have only had to use step #1 below, which has always fixed the application launch crashes I was getting.

__________________________________________________________________________________
    62. MacSpeech Dictate is crashing when I launch the application.
    There are a couple of common causes for this crashing, including:
    A problem with the Preferences.
    Damaged or incomplete data files.
    One of the following steps should solve the issue. Please try them one at a time.
    If Step #1 does not solve the problem, then try Step #2.
    STEP #1
    Delete the MacSpeech Dictate preferences file.
    1. Quit MacSpeech Dictate
    2. Open the boot harddrive ("Macintosh HD" - or whatever you've named it)
    3. Open the current user's "Home" folder (shown as a house icon)
    4. Open Library folder
    5. Open Application Support folder
    6. Open MacSpeech folder
    7. Open Dictate folder
    8. Drag the file "xxx.dictatelicense" to the desktop (where "xxx" will be something like your name)
    9. Go back to the Library folder
    10. Open Preferences folder
    11. Find and delete the file "com.macspeech.dictate.plist"
    12. Launch MacSpeech Dictate.
    13. If MacSpeech Dictate is still crashing when launched, please try Step #2 below.
    STEP #2
    Repair damaged data files.
    1. Quit MacSpeech Dictate
    2. Download and run the Dictate Data First Aid utility as shown in this article.
    3. If that does not solve the issue, please contact MacSpeech Technical Support.

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. delawaregeorge

I was having the same problem when I launched the profile with the application in “sleep” mode. When I changed it to microphone “off” mode the problem went away. I sent my crash logs to Nuance. Hopefully, they can fix the problem.

On a brighter note, the speed and accuracy of this version is great!

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Larryjay

I E most everyone else. Changing preferences for the microphone to start in the off positino seemed to help.
    I dictated thsi using a Callisot headset.

Please note the transposition of the last two letters in a number of words. Is there a solution for this as well?

Recognition appeasr to be much better in this version.
    Larry J

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. Oogahboogah

works! Yes, I went through all the procedures listed by DM@MS as well as, changing the preferences to start the microphone in the OFF position. Seems to be working wonderfully now. Hopefully, there will be a fix for this.

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. DM @ MS

Oogahboogah,

I think that the situation definitely qualifies as a critical bug! I'm glad to hear that the fix works for you. (In my previous post, I should've include that it is necessary to make sure that the program starts up and stop mode. Thanks for adding that detail. Otherwise, it turns into a vicious cycle where you fix the problem and then, if it is set up to start off in sleep mode, the program promptly crashes again.

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic